Digital Six Consulting is a different kind of company, and we are proud of that. Our growing team consists of experienced, intelligent and ambitious individuals, who are committed to developing a sphere of positive influence with our clients, and in our community.
We are seeking highly enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated Consultants who care about people and want to be part of a different kind of company. The successful candidate will have had a successful track record as a consulting practitioner and have a reputation as a leader amongst their peers, in their field and in their community.
Immediate Position: Senior .net Developer
Location: St. John’s, NL/Remote
Digital Six is looking for an experienced individual to fill a Senior .net Developer role on project-based and client-facing service engagements. Specifically, qualified candidates should possess …
- A university degree in Business, Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred but an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 8 or more years of recent experience as a Full Stack Developer of digital products and services.
- Building APIs and integrating systems designed using RESTful web services or SOAP protocol and familiar with SAML 2.0 or OpenID authentication protocol.
- Experience developing/supporting applications in an AWS (or other cloud) environment.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with source control such as GIT or SVN.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and working in agile teams. Follow agile software development practices to align with team’s cadence and achieve sprint goals.
- Experience working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to understand requirements and translate user stories into technical designs and prototypes.
- Create and debug application interface layers that allow services to connect to needed information, including the bridging of new and existing services.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team to ensure clarity of user, business, and operational needs and proper translation to technical terms.
- Involvement in efforts related to data structure design, data migrations, data validation, data cleansing, and data conversions.
- Automated Testing experience (Selenium, WebdriverIO, Mocha, Chai, Postman, and Jest).
- Support code that has been moved to production in cases where errors or problems occur.
- Provide appropriate documentation to support all code
- Skills and experience in effective knowledge transfer techniques to help team members and sustainment resources to better understand technical aspects of developed products and services.
- Experience with DevOps practices would be considered an asset.
- You care about people
- Self-motivated with experience working in a highly matrixed, virtual organization
- Experience and Training in Agile delivery
- Experience with project timeline, resource planning and monitoring
- Experience with budget planning and monitoring
- Experience developing project communications strategies and plans
- Experience with organizational change management and change management strategies
- Verbal and written communication skills in both English and French would be an asset
- Experience with MS Project or other scheduling tools
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, goals, and milestones
- Manages and delivers projects on budget, time and schedule
- Designs and maintain technical and project documentation
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Willingness to travel if required
About Digital Six:
You might want to work with us if you like the following:
- A company that balances profit and the common good
- A group of people who are passionate about our team, our clients, and our families
- A company focused on embracing the local – and global – community we are part of, fostering pride in our accomplishments and rewarding our hard work
- A company that values “work-life integration” our objective to enable team members to fully ‘live’ each day
- A place where people can achieve life goals. This transcends the business of work alone… in the belief that happy, contented people will make more meaningful contributions in their lives to their families, their clients and their colleagues and friends.